cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3PL scenario warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose i have some 50 vendors i.e third parties wants to keep the stock in my warehouse and they pay as per the space utilized in the warehouse and anyother handling charges . How do you configure in SAP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have several options to configure the system to work with this scenario. Like you said you can track the inventory at the IM level by defining each vendor as a different storage location. You can also assign them to their own plant as well.

You need to determine how the vendors inventory should be stored in the warehouse at the WM level. Are you going to assign each vendor their own section of the warehouse, which would necessitate assigning their own storage types and/or sections in the warehouse. As long as they are assigned their own material numbers.

You will also need to determine how you will charge them for the space they are using. One suggestion would be to create a BW report which determines how many bin locations a particular vendor is occupying in the warehouse. You can then charge the vendor per bin or as a percentage of space utilized. LX04 is a little cumbersome to use for this purpose.

In addition, you can charge for material handling by creating another BW report which tracks the Transfer Orders created for each vendor by storage location, unless you are using something like Task and Resource Management or some other time tracking mechanism.

Regards,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thinks for each vendor stock to be identified in warehouse separately we can use a storage location against each vendor. In that way IM level stock has been identified and WM level can also be traced.

Any idea or suggestions on this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thinks for each vendor stock to be identified in warehouse separately we can use a storage location against each vendor. In that way IM level stock has been identified and WM level can also be traced.