cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI7 dual stack upgrade using 'resource minimised' method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am upgrading a Windows 2003/MS SQL 2005 sandpit NW04 BI 350 dual stack (ABAPJAVA) to BI7 (NW04S ABAPJAVA) as a test before working on our actual landscape, I have started the ABAP upgrade and chose the 'resource minimised' method as downtime isn't an issue on the sandpit, I then started the upgrade on the Java stack, but then noticed in the documentation it states you should use 'downtime minimised' for a dual stack upgrade? the ABAP prepare recognised I had a dual stack and said it would be synchronised but never complained about the resource minimised choice ? the phases have been waiting for synchronisation so far without a problem.

Is this a problem? I can reset the upgrade, but its quite far through, so would rather not !

Thanks,

Paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul

As you said, SAP state that you must perform a dual stack upgrade using strategy downtime - minimised. I had a problem when I used resource minimised but if your upgrade is running then donu2019t terminate it. If it works, thatu2019s great.

What I normally do is run strategy downtime minimised with an import time of zero hours.

Thank You

Anwar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar

Thanks for the response, the upgrade completed successfully, I will remember next time to use the downtime minimised option !

Paul.