cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Langauge in the Invoice Output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am confused with the langauge in the Invoice Output.

For a French Sale Organization e.g ZFRA, when we mention a sales item text in any non French language other than EN.

The text doesnt appear in the invoice out put.

Example:* When i log in to SAP with EN Language,And make a sales order for ZFRA(Sales Org for France with Fr as the language) and mention the Item text in DE-German language.The text doesnt appear in the Invoice output.

The German text appears only if I log in to SAP through DE-German language and issue a Output for the same billing document.

Is there a control of Sales Organization's language and SAP log in language on the Invoice output.

To what extent the Customer's language and the Output master language matter in the Invoice output. Please explain.

How can I ensure that with EN language and a FR-sales organization, the non FR and english language sale item text can appear in the invoice output.

Thanks

Montee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether the SMARTFORM/SAP SCRIPT was created in the DE login langage, if so then you have to maintain the Language conversion using SE63 transaction

Goto SE63 and in that transaction you have option to convert the TEXT to different langage.

Use transaction SE63 (translations). From the menu select:

Translation - Logntexts - Sapscript - Forms

From this point on you can translate both the descriptions and the

window texts. This transaction also checks if you don't forget to

translate a part of the script.

Hope it is clear

cheers,

santosh

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at the Smartform or SAPscript, whatever is linked to the output in question.

I bet that as the "text" it is using the field VBRP-ARKTX. This field captures the material description at the time when the document's been created. It is also not language-specific, so I'm guessing it is being captured in the language that was used at the logon before creating the document.

To correct this, change the form to use the sales text from Material Master. In this case it should be printed in the language that has been specified in the output. The language may be specified in the condition record, but it can also be changed in VF02 on the output screen (if changes are allowed in the configuration).

Sometimes, if the text is not present in the output language, the form will pick up the text in English.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Actually here the requirement is: User writes the Item text in the Item note, which is not fixed.

This text is written in the VA01during the sales order creation.

So the problem is that when we maintain the Material sales text in Material master data,this gets carries to VBRP-Item text but doesnt appears in the Invoice output.

What can I do to ensure that a DE-German text written in the sales order for a sales organization for France(FR language), appears in the invoice output.

Thanks

Montee

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the "Item note" exactly? Is it a text (i.e. maintained on the Text tab in VA01)?

So let me get this right - you have maintained some kind of a text in DE language and would like it to appear on the form that has been requested in the FR language?

It seems to me that you'll have to change the invoice form (if you're using a standard Smart Form LB_BIL_INVOICE, you'll have to copy it as a Z... form) to read the text from another language. This should be done by a qualified ABAPer.

H_Terras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Creates the texts in DE.

Regards,

H.Terras