Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find what Billing Document Type to Sales Doc Type is associated

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon

Where in the configuration do I find how the Billing Document Type to Sales Document Type is mapped to each FI Document type?

I thought I would find it under VTFA, VTFL and VTFF

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Santosh-

What I am trying to understand here (I am an FI Consultant)

What billing documents are active and coming from SD to FI and once I've identified those, what copy controls they have in place. I am trying to figure out why some invoices have information in the reference field and others do not, etc.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As every body have said that in VOV8 you will find the billing document type.

It for the that particular sales order.

So when you create billing document it will automatically select billing document type stored in VOV8.

Now in VTFA you will find out which billing document type can be made from the sales document type.

Over here you maintain the copy control from sales order to billing document.

So when you create the invoice in VF01 system will take F2 billing document type to create the invoice.

This will happen if you have not stored any billing document type in VOV8 for sales document type.

If you want your preferred billing document should be used automatically then save that setting in VOV8.

Otherwise you have to select the billing document type from the drop down list in VF01.

Hope so it will clarify your doubt.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SD module, when you configure the flow of documents, i.e. Sales Order -> Delivery -> invoice, or Sales Order -> Invoice the rules of copying data from one document to another are defined.

There are two fields, that are visible in FI documents to configure:

a) the allocation number

b) The reference number

in both fields following values can be pass from SD to FI:

A. Customer Purchase Order number

B. Sales Order number

C. Delivery number

D. External delivery number

E. Actual invoice number

If those fields (ore one of them) are left blank, then no data is being passed to FI. This is situation, when you dont have any data in FI document. In such cases you should contact your SD coleague and ask to configure with respective document.

I hope, it clarifies the situation (As far as I understood your last post).

regards,

wojciech

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You can find the BILLING DOCUMENT TYPE in VOV8 transaction code which is the Sales document header.

Path: IMG-.>SD>SALES->SALES DOCUMENTS---->SALES DOCUMENT HEADER.

And the FI document which is assigned to a Billing docment type can be viewd through transaction code VOFA in the field DOCUMENT TYPE.

If the Document type in VOFA for your particular Billing is blank then system will take RV as default document type (account document)

You can check the details for the Accounting document type in OBA7.

Hope it is useful

cheers,

santosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Sales Document to Billing Document Type:::::::At the bottom screen in VOV8

2) Billing to FI Document:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::In VOFA you can see a field Reference Document

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi