Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change URL of Webservice Model without reconfiguring or creating new

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have create a WebService Model with DEV url (some Dev URL ) using

Import WebService Model DEPRECATED option

Now my application is moving to TEST and PROD.

Is it possible to change DEV URL in webdynpro application application without reconfiguring MODEL or recreating new

with TEST and PROD urls.

Please help me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use adaptive webservice model to change the webservice URL based on the environment i.e. Dev,Test or production which is availiable in NWDS 2004s environment.

You can refer to links mentioned in below forum.

if you you are using webservice model then you need to write the code to generate URL for end point dynamically based on the application environment.

and then you need to set EndPoint of webservice model with that URL befroe execution of the model.

e.g.

String l_endpointurl ="http://"+ l_Server+ ":"+ l_port+ "/webservice name/Config1?style=document";

l_modeloobject.modelObject()._setEndPoint(l_endpointurl);

//if service is secured....

l_modeloobject.modelObject()._setUser(l_userID);

l_modeloobject.modelObject()._setPassword(l_pwd);

l_modeloobject.modelObject().execute();

Regards,

Shruti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of now iam using DEPRECATED Webservice Model.

How about the same question if i use Adaptive Web Service Model with Logical destinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of Using depricated model Adaptive Webservice mdel should be used.

You can modify logical destinations in Visual admin as based on the location of the webservice such as Development,quality or production.

You can get the information about adaptive webservice model in the following artical.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b2bc0932-0d01-0010-6d8e-cff1b2f22bc7&overrid...

and if you are using depricated model then you can use the code which i have mentioned in the previous reply.

Regads,

Shruti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of you.....! for your support.

Your Suggestions helped me a lot.

Thanks

Prem

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

best thing was to go with using import webservice model rather than deprecated model

and create destination in visual admin tool , this will help you when you move from dev to QA to prod or even to

test server .

because when you create destinations in the visual admin tool for the webservice which points to the development

when you are working on the development server , you need just change the paramaters for the destinations in

visual admin tool which currently points to development serve to test server or any other which ever needed ,

as your destination would contain the metadata of your webservice , there is no need to change the webservice

every time you move from server to other .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible. If you are working in NWDS 7.1 CE , you can use logical destination. In case of earlier versions you can use HTTP destinations on dev , test and prod server. Then every time you move your application you dnt hv to bother about changing URL of models.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if thre is any straight forward way. Try if there is any file in Package Explorer of the component.

Regards

Srini