cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull reference from backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues!!!

I have functional module, which have data (warehouse, orders, delivery, date) for enter and some data (vendorfor, date, time and etc.) on exit. In input form I would like for warehuse make dynamic dropdown list with warehouse numbers which pull from backend system. I try to make dropdown list (I see it, but it's empty). How can I pull warehouse numbers from backend?

Regards

Dmitriy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please go through the following link about dropdown lists, you will get an idea on how to pull data dynamically.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/LinkingDrop-DownLists

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/49/0d73e04ed3105ee10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

hope this helps.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In 'Drop Down Box' right click & go to 'Entry List'. Here you can create options manually one by one if you select static option. Otherwise select 'Dynamic entry list', then select the data service from where you want to get the data. You can also globally create the list & show it in your dropdown.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

The problem is that I don't have service from which I can take necessary information. I have only table in backend with column where "live" warehouse numbers. I want to extract information from this table, from this column to dropdown list in input form. If you know how to do it could you explain it to me.

Regards

Dmitriy

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dmitriy,

You need a remote-enabled function module that will list your dropdown values and text (probably warehouse number for value and description for text). (For a function module to appear as a data service it needs to be remote enabled and you need the alias defined for the backend system.)

Is the table SAP standard? If so there is probably a function module that will provide the data, but it may not be remote enabled. You can create your own function module to call that one, but remote enable yours.

I hope that helps,

Margaret