Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove auth field added via SU21?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All Security Gurus!!

How do I remove the AUTHORIZATION FIELD - PROFIT_CTR from SU21 maintaining an authorization object. I was able to add it which caused it to affect a few tcodes so I am trying to remove it and am having issues because it does not let me remove it.

Thanks

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Aug 11, 2009 5:29 PM

Subject title given more usefull meaning...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was resolved through a newly created SAP Note

12 REPLIES 12

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically you cannot. I believe a way to work around this is to transport the same object from a system where it does not have this extra field.

Have a look at this thread:

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Jurjeen. That answer was very helpful. I am going to try it.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jurgen,

If this was originally transported to all system and clients, can I do it from my sandbox environment? If so how can I.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Go ahead and create a transport on your sandbox. Give the transport request number to your Basis folks and they can copy the data and cofile to your landscape and manually add it to the import queue.

Michael

0 Kudos

Michael,

We did that but ran into an issue with the co-file. We could not see the data in the co-files for that transport. Please help.

0 Kudos

Which object did you add this field to?

Did you also add authorization values to this field and transport those roles?

Did you change any coding (SAP's own coding?) to include this field ID?

There are a number of checks done when you release a transport, and others when you import authorizations (and roles). Did you bypass any of these before when creating this field?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Which object did you add this field to? NO

Did you also add authorization values to this field and transport those roles? THIS IS IN SANDBOX - NO CUSTOM ROLES THERE

Did you change any coding (SAP's own coding?) to include this field ID? NO

There are a number of checks done when you release a transport, and others when you import authorizations (and roles). Did you bypass any of these before when creating this field? NO

Thanks

Daisy

0 Kudos

>

> Which object did you add this field to? NO

This kinda sounds like answering NO to the question "What is the day today?". The actual object name may help us search for a solution.

0 Kudos

>

> Michael,

>

> We did that but ran into an issue with the co-file. We could not see the data in the co-files for that transport. Please help.

can we come back to this one, please? what, exactly does 'issue' mean? what was wrong with the cofile?

0 Kudos

According to the above "NO" series, it is just a field not used by any object and not checked as an objectless field ID in any code either.

At most it is using an existing domain and the value ranges have been messed up - but that would have been an object modification requiring an object key and might even have been done "locally" in each system...

Perhaps an empty transport cofile means that it is a mime in a forest?

Just guessing - as there is not much else to work with here.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was resolved through a newly created SAP Note

0 Kudos

Do you have a note number, or was it a customer message number?

I (and others who use the search...) might be interested.

Cheers,

Julius