cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to raise an alert/ exception, if the source file is not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am dealing with a file to file scenario.

The requirement is -

An alert will be raised when the source file is not found in the source directory.

I am using NFS protocol in both the sender & receiver file communication channels.

Please suggest me how to achieve this requirement?

I have also tried with the dead line step in ccBPM, but it won't worked.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

You should try to understand how file sender adapter works in XI ...

File adapter will keep polling at the respective directory at a fixed time interval , if found it will start processing it else will not do anything...

There is no external control from XI side !!

At OS level definitely you can achieve this by writing some scripts which will keep a track of no. of files at the specified directory.

If no file is found try to create a empty file by the help of script which will ultimately be kicked out by XI as mapping error and than you can generate an alert ...!!! - Its just a trick nothing more....

hope this helps !!!

Regards,

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Such a setting can have been easily achieved in FTP server by setting the Timeout parameter in the File CC, but not possible in NFS.

including a deadline step in BPM wont help in any case since the receive step will be the very first step of the BPM and would not know for how long it has to wait.....had it been some intermediate step then the deadline would have worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I was trying to achieve this using a dummy file in the ccBPM but won't able to achieve the same, Could u please help me if it is any way possible(with any modification to ccBPM).

Let me tell u the steps I have done

Created a dummy file in order to start the Integration process(IP) and used 2 recieve steps in IP(one to start the IP and the other one to receive the original file content).

Can I apply any decision step, further in the ccBPM to achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define the Alert Category using below:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Then Configure the Alerts in AlertConfiguration in RWB.

Container: SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE it will specify your Adapter Type, that will be in Error. There are other such Containers available to use for Adapter.

Add Mail Recipient in Alert Category in option Fixed Recipients.

i hope it helps

Regards,

Anurag garg

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you think normal configuration will help in this case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it will..

Try it.

Regards,

Anurag Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anurag

It will Not work since missing files are not considered as an error.

the method you are suggesting will only trigger alerts in case of any error.

@Original Poster

You can trigger alerts via OS script for your case,execute the script before message processing and trigger e-mail from there.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

XI will continue to wait till the file is placed in that source directory but it wouldn't raise any error.

Can you explain why do you need this functionality?

Regards,

Ravi