cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Interaction Center (HREIC_VP BSP enhancement)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to add custom input fields on the BSP application HREIC_VP and use it as a search criteria on an infotype table for the employee interaction center. I have search the net on the documentation on enhancing the BSP, including the IC Webclient Cookbook. However, it all relates to CRM, but the EIC i'm using is implemented for HCM. Can anyone give me a link of the documentation or tell me how to add custom input fields on the views of the BSP page?

Thanks.

Edited by: Ryan Quejano on Aug 11, 2009 2:23 PM

Edited by: Ryan Quejano on Aug 11, 2009 2:24 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This possible if you are familiar with SAP enhancement framework. You may want to try viewing elearning topics for enhancing SAP standard classes and methods. After that, try to understand the BSP program flow by debugging.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how can we :

1) add other fields in employee search criteria

2) Add/ remove fields in the employee details criteria.

Thanks

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

I've been searching the net on how to do this. So far I have created the input field in the BSP view and link it to the context node of the controller class. My only problem now is how to use the value obtained from the input field in the search. I've tried copying the component class of the view, however the OADP class always point to the standard one. Please, can you give me a hint or anything that may help me. Is there a needed configusration to assign the custom component class?

I've also search some forum regrading my question. However, the answer is for CRM and not EIC.

Please see below:

1) Copy the context node class

2) Copy the context class

3) Change the view page attribute for the context node to point to your Z class

4) Change the attribute for your context node of the new context class to point to the new Z class

5) Modify the constructor method of the new context class to use the new context node class

6) Copy the superclass of the view controller class and point the TYPED_CONTEXT attribute to your new context class

7) Change the inheritance of the controller class to point to the class you created in #6

8 ) Extend the BOL structure for the object to add your field (found in txn GENIL_MODEL_BROWSER) - for BP this is CRMST_HEADER_OBJECT_BUIL

9) Use CRMV_GENIL in the Component Definition to find the implementation class for your object - for BP this is CL_CRM_BUIL - copy the class

10) In CRMV_GENIL, create a new component definition with the new implementation class

11) In CRMV_GENIL, create a new application definition

12)In CRMV_GENIL, in the Applic -> Component section, copy the component set of the source application to your new application created in #11

13) Update your framework profile in the WebClient IMG section to point to your new application ( <InteractionLayerApplication> section of the XML file )

14) Copy the class found in the methods of the class from #9 as needed - for BP header fields this is CL_BUIL_HEADER - and update these methods to point to the new class

15) Update the methods in the class created in #14 to account for the new Z field.

16) Add the new field to the view

17) Replaced the view controller in the framework profile

The thing is I've already implemented steps 1-9, but I've got stopped by steps 10-13. Is there a related config that corresponds to steps 10-13 in ERP-EIC implementation?

Thanks,

Ryan

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

Like I mentioned earlier it is definately possible but not something that lends itself to an SDN forum given the amount of steps and explanation of each.

We are toying with writting a detailed article in HR Experts (http://www.hrexpertonline.com/) for early next year on a step by step how to off your exact question.

Regards,

Jarret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you done some modification on EIC? Can you guide me on how to do this?

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

We have done this type of work on every EIC project as it is very common. Unfortunately it is not something that lends itself to an explanation in this type of environment.

I would personnally recommend bringing someone in who has done this in the past to ensure the project go smoothly.

Regards,

Jarret

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

There is no documenation from SAP on how to do this in HCM EIC but it is a possible and a very common request with EIC customer.

Regards,

Jarret