cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting local developent project from one machine to other machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to export one local developent project from one machine to other machine.

I also tried in one way.

I exported the local development projetc into Zip file,

And Imported to other maching using importing existing project into work space.

I also repair the project by using repair -> Project structures and classpath

Atlast

I am recieving 2 errors,

Error : The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project. LocalDevelopmentjvmobilesap.com

Error : This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type java.lang.Object (typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the classpath) PackagePointer.java LocalDevelopmentjvmobilesap.com/gen_ddic/datatypes/sce/mobile/types line 1

Please gude me on this issue

Thanks,

Anitha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anitha,

Can you check if the Java Runtime Soucepath is appropriate in this PC. From the error it appears that the Java Object is missing or not found. And also make sure that you use same version of Java in both systems atleast.

Thanks

Avik

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can copy the local DC as follows

Create a new DC with the same domainname(Vendor name like test.com) but the with different DC name.

Copy the whole folder _comp of your old project located at this relative path .dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\<VendorName>\<DC name> and replace the _comp of the new Project at the same path.

Using Navigator perspective close the project and open it again.Now you should be ready with the new DC

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think JRE_LIB class path variable refers to rt.jar is missing.Add it to project build path

JRE_LIB= <jdk dir>:\j2sdk...\jre\rt.jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can copy and paste the project directly from one computer to another (no need to export/import).

The path to local DCs is "C:\Documents and Settings\<local user>\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\<Package>\<Project>"

Open the NWDS in the "new" computer and switch to DC perspective

Select the project and choose "Create"

After you choose "Repair" open project properties and navigate to "Java Build Path" and to "Libraries" tab

Check if there are any entries with a warning icon and replace them with the correct ones.

Edited by: Aviad Levy on Aug 11, 2009 1:54 PM