Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Test Adapter Module in NWDS

former_member183910
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have written an adapter module. Before deploying on adapter engine, I want to do test in NWDS. Any idea how to do this. Please provide sample java code, if possible.

Thanks,

Sandeep Maurya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Unfortunately , i don't think there is any provision for this .

You need to deploy it somewhere PCK/XI box.

Regards,

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well its a bean, get the right jars..write a wrapper to your bean...invoke it from a java class.......can be done......

However that would not be simulating any of the actual functionality or issues that you might encounter........

Recommended procedure is deploy or use PCK.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You dont need to configure the end to end scenario. Just develop a simple Java class with a main method. In the main method use File Input Stream to read the file from your local hard drive. Now pass this to another method with in your class (what ever coding logic you have developed in the execute method for you adpter module) Finally store the result of the logic in your hard drive again using a File Output Stream.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since runtime and module processor framework is not available on your local machine that's why adapter module test not possible using NWDS on local machine.

Another possibility is to install PCK on some local machine for testing purpose.

You must deploy (either on PCK or AE) it and test.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maurya,

No other way except deploying it in XI server and then check. Put Audit logs at various teps to see the steps of execution. This is the only way you can check different steps of execution or debug in Adapter Module.

Regards,

Anurag Garg

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

You cant test it in NWDS. If you want to test it , take the code and write it like a Java Class and test it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I think its not possible to test the custom module which we develop using NWDS, unless we deploy to the server.

Regards

Venkat