Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Double click a perticular value in a displayed vendor list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Using SAPGUI recording.

Iam displaying a vendor invoice list and i have to double click a perticular document to make some changes.

How can i click a perticular document in a list.i want to give that document number in a Import parameter.

Could you guys help me out in doing so.

Thanks in Advance,

Rajender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_dinkel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rajender,

in addition I want to point out the following:

1. You should first try to find out the type of the GUI Element you want to read the value from. If it's an input field, then the type is either a GuiTextField (if it comes without an F4 value help) or a GuiCTextField (if it comes with an F4 value help). Please only switch on the InitialState Recording for this certain GUI Element type.

2. You should not switch on the InitialState Recording right at the beginning. Please switch it on directly before you enter the screen with the GUI Element you want to read the value from and switch it off directly after you left the screen again.

3. Issue 1 and 2 are important, because otherwise the InitialState Recording will generate too much data which is absolutely useless for your test and only makes the maintenance and the execution much slower.

4. If you only want to read values and don't want to check them directly in the InitialState node, please record with "Inactive Checks".

5. As of Web AS 6.40 the commands GETGUI and CHEGUI or much more helpful for what you try to achieve. With these commands you can directly select the GUI Element and the properties of this GUI Element you want to read.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajender,

If the list is generated as classic ABAP list i.e. say without ALV grid or so, then double click on the vendor number directly on the report.

If it takes you to a screen where the vendor number appears in an input field either in display mode or edit mode then you can very well capture this number.

In SAPGUI mode, under the InitialState node the value will appear. You can parameterize this field and pass it on as import parameter to subsequent screen. For more details on capturing this field, find the following blog -

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/18/ecatt-chaining-parameterization-creation-of-test-datatest-configuration-system-data-part-iv

Above solution will work perfectly if the list generated for the vendor invoice is not dynamic. Meaning the position of the vendor should be costant on the screen. So when you will double click, the position will be captured. And will be used while replay.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz do reward points to everyone responding.

Regards