cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 700 including EHP1 Usage Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We need to setup GRC Process Control 3.0 and the minimum requirement for this is SAP Netweaver 7.01 SP3 system. We are bit confused about NW 7.01 version, so would appreciate if you can clarifiy following:

1. SAP Netweaver 7.01 is same as SAP 700 EHP1.

2. Installation guide of SAP 700 includnig EHP1 says - Dual stack installation is possible only for PI and MI -

Any reasons why SAP has this restrictions from NW 700 EHP1 version.

As far as i remeber till NW700, we can install usage types ABAP, JAVA , EP, EPCORE, BI JAVA during a single installation.

For our GRC Process Control project, we want to setup Dual Stack SAP NW 7.01 system (ABAP+JAVA with EP, EPCORE, BI JAVA). Is it possible to achive this ?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Davinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is still possible to install dual stack systems (except PI and MI where it is mandatory) but experience has shown that it is a very bad idea. Nightmare of performances, administration, exploitation, etc...

SAP now changed its mind and it is now officially disapproved to install dual stack systems.

From personnal experience (we have a dual stack BI system), I would strongly suggest that you follow the new SAP advice : stay away from dual stack systems !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate your quick resopnse Oliver. Can i assume that both SAP NW 7.01 and SAP NW 700 EHP1 are same.

It is still possible to install dual stack systems (except PI and MI where it is mandatory) but experience has shown that it is a very bad idea. Nightmare of performances, administration, exploitation, etc...

Can you please advise how can we install Dual Stack NW 7.01 system with usage type (ABAP, JAVA, EP, EPCORE, BI JAVA)

SAP now changed its mind and it is now officially disapproved to install dual stack systems.
From personnal experience (we have a dual stack BI system), I would strongly suggest that you follow the new SAP advice : stay away from dual stack systems !

Is there any document published by SAP which states the reason for this restriction.

As per me, having a dual stack reduces the number of SAP instances - less effort to maintain the systems, so we prefer that, as far as performance is concerned if we add up memory and CPU's for individual instances to dual stack system - no performance issues should arise.

Thanks

Davinder