Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when processing sales returns

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sap gurus,

when i am processing sales returns for my client with billing reference it is taking the price which is there in billing document

which is referenced. but here if you press for update button then it is taking the new price which is there in the condition

record.

my requriment here is:

when ever we take the reference of billing document and create a sales returns and even through we press update button the

price which is there in the referenced billing document should not get changed. Is there any solution for this.

in cooy controls from billing to billing docuemnt that is RE to F2, i have mentioned D-copy pricing unchaged, but i am not able to

stop it if i go for update button it is considering the latest price.

plz help me in this regard.

regqards,

balajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To control the Pricing behaviour in Sales order & Billing document, we use "Pricing type".

To control in Billing document, you can specify the "Pricing Type" from two places,

- in the Copy control at item level there is a field "Pricing type'.

- in the document at Header level & item level through the "Update" button.

You should use any one of the two and not both.

If you will choose the "Update" button, system will give you a pop-up with all the "Pricing Type" from where you canchoose one which is required for your purpose.

As Mr. Lakhsmipathi has rightly said, if you will choose Pricing Type "B", then only system will take latest Price. That is the property of Pricing Type "B".

For your requirement, it is better to go for "Copy control" and assign Pricing type "D", so that whatever price in the source document (F2) will be copied to Target document (RE).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard behaviour is that if you maintain "D" for the field "Pricing Type" in controls, then while generating the sale order / billing document / return order, whatever pricing is there in the preceding document will be copied to the subsequent document.

In your case, once you created the return order and hit the "Update" button, a small box would have been appeared where if you clicked "B", then only new price from VK11 will be fetched.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi