cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

translation of excel file to an xml file

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

does any one know how do I translate an Excel File to enter to the XI as XML file?

(XI 3.0 version, SP21)

Thanks

Kfir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help.

by the way, what is a custom Module and how can I develop it?

Kfir

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Module acts as a special function that is used by an Adapter to provide the additional functionality to the Adapter.

By using File Adapter we can only read .xml files and .txt files (using File Content Conversion).

If we want to read an excel sheet, it is not possible by using the normal File Adapter.

For this purpose we are developing a module & Deploying it into the sap j2ee server and we will specify the module name in module tab of Communication channel.

Then this module will read excel sheet and convert that into an xml format which XI can understand.

Thanks.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I prefer not to use Java, is there a way with XSLT or any other way to recive an excel file into the XI?

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes You can use XSLT...

Refer This link...

Here You have step by Step Procedure..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/10/xi-generating-excel-files-without-the-java-nor-the-conversion-agent-not-possible

You can Develop a custom Module also...

The code I provided is very Easy...You can understand easily....

Thanks.

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here Sabarish has explained ver nicely about the Different ways to handle the Excel Files..

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/04/05/excel-files--how-to-handle-them-in-sap-xipi-the-alternatives

Thanks.

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You have to Use Custom Adapter Module To Read Excel File...

Refer This blog....

[Excel Files - How to handle them in SAP XI/PI|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13846] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

and If you want the Generic code...Refer this link...Here I have provided the code...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that I have to do something in the CC module tab.

if there is a specific steps it will be appreciated.

Kfir

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

-->In order to read the excel file XI does not have any option other than going for the custom module.

-->Create the custom module and use it in the module tab of the sender communication channel.

-->As soon as the XL file is picked it will convert in to XML at the module level itself.

Thanks