cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Techies

If i have to stop the FTP service on all the server.

If FTP service is stopped will i able to import the transport request through STMS.

If not , how the cofiles and data files will be transferred into the quality server from development server , if the FTP service is stopped in Solaries

Thanks

Haroon

Edited by: virtualharoon on Aug 11, 2009 12:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haroon,

You may want to check /etc/vfstab on your system to cross check (sample file is attached below). I dont think it will cause any problem related with transports by stopping ftp service on target/source server.

[http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Unix/Solaris/SOLARIS_SampleEtcVfstabFileSolaris.shtml]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi techies

Thanks for the reply

even if we stop the FTP service we are able to do transport since the server uses RFC connection.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually a transport directory is a SHARED storage (NFS), one doesn't transport files to the destination.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies

In my case development server and quality server are seperate server and they are not shared NFS

If i stopped the FTP service on both developent and quality server can i import the tranport request in the quality server

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In my case development server and quality server are seperate server and they are not shared NFS

...which is VERY unusual.

> If i stopped the FTP service on both developent and quality server can i import the tranport request in the quality server

You need to get datafile and cofile over to the new server.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos
If i stopped the FTP service on both developent and quality server can i import the tranport request in the quality server

FTP service is nothing to do with STMS. If you want to have the Global Transport directory which is reccommened by SAP then you only need to have NFS service enable to share the Global Transport Directory & need to mount on your other system.

Thanks,

Shambo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI techies

Thankyou for the reply

I got that we can create a global transport directory with shared NFS.( i will try to implement)

But my question is

" If i stopped the FTP service on both developent and quality server can i import the tranport request in the quality server through STMS"

i mean how the cofile and data file will be moved from development to quality server through STMS ( either it use FTP or RFC connections)

Hope got my point

Thanks

Haroon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I told you that FTP is nothing to do with STMS so there is no need to activate the FTP service on any server, datafiles & cofiles are transported using RFC not using FTP.

Shambo