Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large number of spool request

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As our daily monitoring procedure, we run the sp01 tcode daily & check the number of elements is less then 20000 or not & also check that no error is there in any spool request.Today it shows the number of spool request element is greater than 20000.The popup box shows "Your selection contains 45443 elements" .

Now question is that why the maximum limit is 20000.Now when this maximum limit is exceded should i delete this spool request one by one or is there any other way to delete this report?is there any standard sap job is there to delete this spool request

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Old spools removal is part of the Reorg Jobs (housekeeping) read SAP Note 16083

Regards

Juan

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all,for your valuable information.

when i check in sm36 twhat i found that the standard job sap_reorg_spool is being schedueled on daily basis. This standard job is running successfully in my system daily.Again this job automatically deletes the old spool request,then why i got more than 40000 elements in output controller.

All suggestions are welcome

Regards,

Jitu

Edited by: Jituda on Aug 12, 2009 1:13 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The variant used by that job might be incorrect.

Please check the variant used by sap_reorg_spool.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if your SAP_REORG_SPOOL is using the program RSPO1041.

If you use a variant for it, then you have better control to delete the spool based on status and/or obsolete entries.

if your job uses RSPO0041 then better switch it with RSPO1041.

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked the standard job sap_reorg_spool.Find that the variant name is mentioned as "SAP&001" & prog name is RSPO0041.I searched in google about this variant in sap but could not find a helpful document.could anyone please tell me what is the purpose of this variant .Again how i checked that the variant is corrct or incorrect..

Regards,

Jitu

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First RSPO0041 is obsolete so you need to schedule RSPO1041 instead.

Read,

SAP Note 130978 - RSPO1041 - Replacement for RSPO0041

About the variant

Go to SE38 -> enter the program -> Click on variant -> you can either display, change or create a variant.

A variant basically set the scope that the program will use...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Variant is like the parameter passing to the program . Whatever input ur giving during run a report is called as variant.

Standard Definition

"Variants allow you to define fixed values for the input fields on the selection screen of a report. "

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check with Note:16083 mentioned in last posted by Juan

schedule a job for delete old spool request use T Code SM36

click on Standerd Job >R/3 component (scrol & select "BC" Basis Components)>Job name(scrol & Select BC SAP_REORG_SPOOL DELETE OLD SPOOLFILES) >Chose start date and time and schedule daily basis

Regards,

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jituda,

SAP Have some Standard reports

RSPO0041 and RSPO1043 with some variants also there u can set based on the requirement.

Regards

kesav