cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am an IT Professional with 18months of experience with the normal IT Stuff i.e. application support activities.

Now I want to make my career in SAP domain.For this I am planning to go for SAP Training in Technical Module from Siemens Delhi(INDIA).

But I have few doubts which I guess can be solved by you all professionals with the help of your experience/opinion.

1.Is it good to go for SAP Traning and Certification in this recession period.Hows the market for SAP Associates.

2.Which module should I opt for BASIS orABAP?

3.Hows the certi thats held after traning...means what the difficulty level...is it very tough or if not then why dont we see everybody as an associate

4.Training is sufficient to clear the certi or some extra n what extra nees to be done.

5.Any pros/cons or suggestion or ny better idea related to SAP Certification please point me out.

Guys,please help me by answering above doubts and also please give me ur valuable suggestions.

Thanks all for your time.

Regards,

Arun Yadav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My opinion:

1. Recession has definitely effected IT industry but if you see any of the jobsites you will find SAP technical requirements. Companies have gone slow on recruitment but haven't stopped recruiting. Though SAP certification doesn't guarantee you a job , it will be an added advatage in interviews.

2.It depends on your interest. If coding is your cup of tea then you should go for ABAP. If administration is your interest then BASIS is the choice.

3. Certification will be tricky with the confusing multiple choice. If you are clear with the certification material then it should be easy to clear the exam as I believe SAP never puts questions outside the certification study material. Though not that tough the cost factor restricts many opting for the training.

4. This you need to check with someone who had attended the training preferably at the same location.

5. Try reading the certification material as many times as possible and the exercises.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

nice to hear that you are going for the sap certification.

let me answer your qts one after the other :

1. we all know that the current situation is really bad economically ... also sap being the most expensive s/w in the market definitely doesnt entice most of the company's today. so definitely you are gonna face some problems in getting job after passing your certifcation exam. generally in sap, let me tell you , the demand is there but only for the experienced people with sap domain knowledge... as you have some 18 months of exp thats really good but since its not sap specific it will hard in this situation to crack a job opportunity!!!

2. now since you have 18 months of it related exp. in support activities definitely you can go for technical module only .... as functional module is not your cup of tea... now regarding which module to choose...it will entirely depand on your liking.. basis is you can say related to configuration stuff and little bit kinda admin stuff like creating role, assigning authorization to some extend... and abap is truely programming based like creating reports, tables related activity, then working with forms, etc...

3.sap now has changed the pattern of certification .... now the marks are totally based on section wise... now whatever you are gonna learn, i mean something from all the topic of your sap books will be coming. also the passing percentage has been reduced ... so definitely the paper comes tough and you have to score in all the sections... not to scare you but you need to put a hard effort to get it done..... as you dont have any prior knowledge of sap..

4. the qts that are going to be asked in exams will be entirely from the certification books that will be provided to you by your centre also to remind you qts will be asked from the elearning topics also .

5. abap has more things to explore .... so scope wise its great .... see generally in sap functional guys have lot of demand... but for that you need some domain related knowledge and experience... so thats why if you stick to the topics which are given in your certification books that would be not sufficient to get an entry in the industry ... because both basis and abap is very comman now and lot of people are there who knows these... so you need to have an edge above all others... so for this you need to constantly upgrade yourself with some new things out in the market... i suggested you to go for abap since it has more things to learn and explore as compared to basis.... frankly speaking you can search on your own for the sap professionals requirement today !!!! its not there only... and i know siemens genovate they are currently not doing any placement assistance also... so thats why its too difficult to get into the sap based industry... so it will totally depand on you and what knowledge you have in order to get a job... now it would be good if you have not left your earlier job and then you are going for the certification .. so keeping that job in hand you can try to get into sap industry.

hope this will surely help you!!

thanks & regards,

punit raval.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Punit,

Thanks a lot for ur such a knowledgefull reply.Punit r u there on ny messenger like gtalk....