cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination of a contract - best practice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can anybody suggest a best practice of the procedure - "termination of a contract".

The first solution I thought of, was to lock the master data for postings but then, when running the periodic postings - the contracts with master data lock pop up with an error message. Thus, i don`t think this is a very nice approach.

Deactivation of the contract is only possible if no postings have been previously performed.

Another solution is to submit a notice for every single contract, but really in the business, not all contract are terminated with a notice.

Is it possible to create a new customized system status that wouldn`t include my terminated contracts conditions in the periodic postings and wouldn`t generate an error message for the same?

Many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Severina,

please try out to define a new user status and a status selection profile that excludes this user status. You can find the settings in img activity

"General Settings for Master Data and Contract"

-> User Status and Activity Control

Then you have to set the user statust for all terminated contracts. But please keep in mind that the contracts are no further selected for posting although if they would still have planned items to post. Maybe you should check from time to time with a simulation of the posting run for all contracts that have this status set that there are no postings to perform.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

Regards, Franz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Severina,

Best practise depends on the business case.

Normally giving notice is best practise or having an appropriate end date on the contract (so contract is not unlimited valid).

Best regards,

U.Reiner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Severina,

You can try User Status which is meant to control the behavious of RE Contract such as Activation authorization, Periodic Posting Authorization. I think it can be a possible workaround to this problem.

Thanx

Pankaj Wadhwa