cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation of PDF files

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I want create PDF files in webdynpro java.For this i need to use interactive forms or is there any alternative source to create PDF files.

I heard that if we use interactive forms than ADShad to configured in Server side.

Is ADS configuration compulsory?

Other wise we can use smart forms in abap side .which will be the best process to create PDF files.

What are the process needs to do if we create PDF files from Abap side.

Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You dont need ADS configured to work with smart form.

If you need interactive you need ADS.

goto

TCODE : SMARTFORMS

Example smartform name : ABC_SMARTFORM17

execute

Function Module name : SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME

It returns a function module for the given smart form name.

Call the returned function module wherever u requrie.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

goto
TCODE : SMARTFORMS

Example smartform name : ABC_SMARTFORM17

execute 
Function Module name : SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME

It returns a function module for the given smart form name.

That won't work in webdynpro for java. You can't call either of these function modules as they are not RFCs and they won't reaturn a usable PDF. The returned data still has to be converted to PDF.

Jeschael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

For non-interactive PDFs you do not need to the ADS. Just get your ABAP developer to return the PDF file by RFC.

I agree with Gopal, just don't know it the IFrame mentioned in the tutorial is still usable (it's deprecated)

If allowed you could provide a link to the users to download/open the PDF in your webdynpro application: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/202a850a-58e0-2910-eeb3-bfc3e081257f&overrid...

Regards,

Jeschael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

For Adobe Interactive forms , u need to configure ADS in WAS.

U can also go for smart forms in Abap.

Here is the link which describes about working on smart forms

[tuttorial|http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sapsf001.htm]

Regards,

srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri and Sunanina,

If i use smart forms than i need to configure ADS?

Regards,

Suresh

Edited by: suresh111 on Aug 11, 2009 11:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes suresh u need to configure ADS.

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

For smart forms usage also ADS configuration is needed.

The basic structure of SAP Smart Forms consists of the Smart Form Builder, the Smart Form print form template (which you create or is given to you as a preconfigured starting point), the Smart Form function module, and the Smart Form print program.

When an SAP Smart Form template is created, a user creates the form layout, defines the required fields, conditions, and special programming instructions in the Smart Form template using the Smart Form Builder.

After the form design is complete, the form needs to be activated before it can be tested or accessible by print programs. Activating the form initiates the generation of a function module that handles all of the formu2019s processing.

This function module interacts with the application program and print program to create the output

Regards,

srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I dont think you need ADS. I have had the same requirement and used the following link for displaying PDFs in portal using webdynpro Java. We do not have ADS installed on our system and it is working fine. Have a look at the below link.

I hope this helps.

http://www.sap technical.com/Tut orials/Smartforms/SFinEPasPDF/Page1.htm

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to create Adobe interactive forms in webdynpro java ADS configuration is compulsary.

Abap side process

Flow: SmartForm-->Generating Function Module -->Getting Output Data --> Converting OTF to PDF --> Open/Save PDF file in ABAP webdynpro.

Refer this pdf, step by step procedure is there.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f0de1eb8-0b98-2910-7996-8a3c2fcf6785&overrid...

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T