cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not change password of <sid>adm and ora<sid>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have done a system copy of SAP ECC6.0.The target and the source system are on the same host.Hardware platform is HP-UX 11.31 and database is Oracle 10g.Both the systems are up and running now.

While target system installation, I gave the "master password"(password for all users) same as in the source system.

But when the target sysetm was installed, I found that <target sid>adm and ora<target sid> ,ddic passwords are not working.For J2EE_ADMIN, the password is working.

Please guide how to change ( or reset) the password of <target sid>adm and ora<target sid> without knowing the old password.

DDIC password I could able to change by logging into the system with SAP*

Please Help..

Anupam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Passwords of <sid>adm and ora<sid> may be changed by Unix user root, using passwd command.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for

Please guide how to change ( or reset) the password of <target sid>adm and ora<target sid> without knowing the old password.

You need to login with root and then just type passwd sidadm and give the new password.Same you can do it for orasid.you can change it with root as it has administrator rights and will not ask for the old password.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol