cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy .war on NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a project which is already running on J2EE server. This project is having .WAR file. Now my company has decided to migrate this project to NWDI.

Can anyone help me, How I can deploy this .WAR file to NWDI? what is the process for this?

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

A .WAR is a Web Module. Create the corresponding DC in an SC and import the sources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

Thanks for your information. As you said, I have created a web module and imported all the source code through "Import file" option. (I hope I did right. As I had only HTML file I copied and pasted in Web Content folder.)

After, I have build the DC. Now could you plz tell me how to convert generated .WAR file to .EAR file and how to deploy it on NWDI?

Sorry for unnecessary question, but as i am new to this, I have less knowledge as compare to you expert guys.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create an Enterprise Application DC and add the Web Module DC's public part as a used DC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the same perspective, create an Enterprise Application Project as told in above post.

During the process it will promt you to add a web module project as reference, add the web module project you have created.

Right click on the Enterprise Application project, click on build Enterpeise Archive to build.

An .ear file will be generated after succesful build.

Right click on the .ear and choose deployee to J2EE engine to deploy.

Regards,

Satya.

Edited by: Satya on Aug 13, 2009 10:01 AM

Answers (0)