Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Tracks for same application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have below requirement.

1) One Track - All bugfixes will move to production from this track.

We need a new development track which will use same SC and need to do development for next 6months and after that we need to merge it to previous existing track.

Can you please give idea to proceed

My Idea

1) Create 2nd track with different name but same SC as for existing track .

2) Setup track connetion between old and new tracks to forward latest SC to new track.

If we release activities from new track in future and if we forward any bugfix change from old track to new track.Iwhat will happen?

Are there any conflicts?

How to merge the second track activities to previous track after development phase over?

Best Regards,

Koti Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the Consolidation stage with its corresponding buildspace and development configuration for your production fixes. Changes to the consolidation stage will automatically flow back to the development stage. You can use the Integration Conflicts view of NWDS to monitor any conflicts that may arise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you explain clearly why do I need to import configuration from consolidation stage?

I need to setup 2 tracks for single application and need to develop the application where one trak is for bugfixes and another track for development.

How to setup above landscape to avoid merging conflicts in future?

It would be great if you explain in details ( track wise setup)

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

My point is that you do not need 2 tracks for what you are trying to accomplish: The Consolidation stage is perfectly suited to implement Production fixes.