cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a outbound dlivery having material a 5 pieces and material b 5 pieces.

There is an available SU in warehouse which has exactly 5 piece of A and 5pieces of B. While picking i choose the same SU.

Now while confirming the TO, I want the destination SU be same number as the source HU. But system gives me the error

'Dest.handling same as source handling unit only allowed for HU takeover

Message no. L3893'

It requires me to create a new pick HU in LH01 . Could you kindly advice how can I make system accept the same HU number in this case.

Thanks a ton.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

wat is the setting in this node:

spro->log general->HU mngmt->basics->WM->define shipping control.

here, define control for auto creation of pick HU.

Using this indicator, you can control whether or not a 'Pick handling

unit' is to be created automatically when you create a transfer order,

depending on the storage and movement types involved.

If this indicator is not set then pick HU needs to be created by LH01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

But is it possble that the pick HU is same as the source HU number?

Regards

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possible by setting it at storage type master data.

In definition of storage type master data ,in the field HU picking control, setting this field to 1.

After this setting goto the HU setting which i posted u earlier and put the storage type there with 1 indicator

knuderik_kirkegaard
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet Kumar

We face the exact same problem. The system will not allow us to assign the Source HU as the Pick HU even if it's for the full qty.

The odd thing is that this only goes for Pick for delivery. It works perfectly if we are doing 2 step picking or fixed bin replenishment.

Could there be additional customizing needed to be done to be sure that we have everything in place.

Right now we have been forced to create a very heavy transaction that after to TO has been confirmed, that it replacks the HU from the Pick HU back to the original HU, but this is a pain with lock handling and response time.

Regards

Knud Erik Kirkegaard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will have the conig chaned and confirm if it worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you able to confirm that this worked for you? I have the exact same question.