cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration guidelines for 7.0 -> 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently have a production 7.0 IdM system that we wish to migrate to a 7.1 based solution. We also have a 7.1 sandbox system. I have been trying to find some guidelines on the best approach when trying to migrate from 7.0 to 7.1, but have not been able to find any.

Any suggestions or pointers to how to migrate would be very much appreciated...

Best regards,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anders,

We must do the same later this year and it can be a bit complicated.

You can do a full upgrade 'in place,' which is to say you simply upgrade each component has you have in 7.0 when applying a SP or patch, BUT SAP has told us if we go about it this way, we lose some/most of the new functionality added - for instance the Relation options in Approval tasks.

So the second option is to do a fresh install of all components except the db, where you upgrade the schema. We 'practiced' this by copying our production database to our development server and executing the process there, and it seemed to work. You might try this in your sandbox environment and see how it does for you.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have more questions.

-Geoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Geoff

Thanks a lot. This was the type of information that was very hard to find, so I really appreciate your contribution.

What we ended up doing in the meantime was actually more or less what you suggested i.e. we installed a fresh version of 7.1 and a fresh database and we have then been trying to import everything from the running 7.0 environment. Once we have another system to test on we will attempt to install the 7.1 system and upgrade the 7.0 database as you suggested.

We have also imported the 7.1 SAP provisioning framework in a separate identity store to be able to compare changes with the 7.0 version of the same, which is used in the other identity stores.

Best regards,

Anders

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try checking Note 1278668 which talks about upgrading from Identity Center 7.0 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestion. I think this note relates to an upgraded 7.0. Currently we are investigating whether we can start with a clean 7.1 and import objects from 7.0. This may not be the right way to do things, but my problem is that I cannot really find any information on which approach SAP recommends.

Best regards,

Anders