cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM - Workflow Approval Configuration in ERM and CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm in the midst of configuring the workflow approval for ERM and have some queries.

I followed the post-installation guide part 1 for ERM on the workflow configuration and have sucessfully done the following:

1. Verified that the "AE_init_append_data_RE.xml" has been uploaded in CUP with Append option

2. Verified that request type "RE_ROLE_APPROVAL" with workflow type "RE" exists

3. Verified that priority "RE_HIGH" with workflow type "RE" exists

4. Created a workflow initiator for ERM called "ROLE_APPROVAL" in CUP -> Configuration -> Workflow -> Initiator (with the said details as per the post-installation guide)

5. Created a CAD called "ERM_ROLE_APPROVER" for ERM in CUP -> Configuration -> Workflow -> Custom Approver Determinator (with the said details as per the post installation guide, filling in the necessary URI, uname/pw for admin with UME roles)

6. Created TWO stages , one stage for the role owner called "ERM_ROLE_APPROV", and one stage for the internal control owner called "ERM_ROLE_APPRO2", both with workflow type "RE" and Approver Determinator "ERM_ROLE_APPROVER" which was created in step 5 earlier.

7. Created a path for ERM Role Approval Workflow in CUP -> Configuration -> Workflow -> Path, with workflow type "RE", Number of Stages "2", Initiator "ROLE_APPROVER", Active "checked" and I put Stage 1 as "ERM_ROLE_APPROV" and stage 2 as "ERM_ROLE_APPRO2".

8. Configured the Exit Web Service (followed the details as per the post-installation guide for ERM)

As my role approval is pretty straight forward (i.e. based on business process attribute defined, with each role owner being responsible for their business process), I did the following:

1. Create approval criteria "Role Approver for Business Process FI"

2. For that criteria, I based it on attribute "Business Process"

3. I clicked on "Assign Approvers" to define who is the approver (i.e. the respective role owner responsible for Process FI)

4. I defined the condition for this criteria, Condition = AND, Attribute = Business Process, Value = FI

My queries:

1. Is the approval criteria which I created in ERM, referring to 1st stage or 2nd stage of the path in CUP?

2. I'm assuming that for query 1, the approval criteria which I created is for 1st stage (i.e. ERM_ROLE_APPROV), where can I configure the 2nd level approval for the internal control owner (i.e. ERM_ROLE_APPRO2, in the path which I defined in CUP)?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pointed the role_approvers to ERM via Web-Service and defined the approvers there.

Pointed the internal-control to CUP via attributes and defined the approvers there.

Set-up the workflow based on lst level by role-approvers, 2nd level by internal-control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baldwin,

All workflow paths in CUP are triggered by an Initiator. Once the request from ERM meets "Initiator" ("ROLE_APPROVAL") requirements in CUP, the request will go to the first stage defined in the respective path. Approvers defined in each stage of the path can approve request. Once the request is approved in CUP, approval information will be sent to ERM and then the role in ERM will be moved to the next stage.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.