cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Create/Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts!

Could you suggest to me how to create/update currencies in R/3?

My scenario is the following:

1. Put xml-file with the list of currencies to ftp;

2. Use PI File adapter to read the file;

3. Create/update currencies in R/3.

The only problem for me is step 3. I didn't find any standard BAPI or IDoc for creating/updating currensy list in R/3.

BR,

Vika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktoria,

I had to work with a similar development (although this was RFC -> HTTP and as a second step i had to update the same currencies on ECC), for updating currencies in 0B08 (TCURR Table) i used "'BAPI_EXCHANGERATE_CREATE'"

LOOP AT lt_exch_rate INTO lw_exch_rate.

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_EXCHANGERATE_CREATE'

EXPORTING

exch_rate = lw_exch_rate

upd_allow = 'X'

IMPORTING

return = wa_return

rate_type = g_rate_type

from_curr = g_from_curr

to_currncy = g_to_currncy.

ENDLOOP.

So i guess you could create an RFC, use a map to define the input values and create your required code there

Edited by: Alexis Alanis on Aug 11, 2009 9:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Demina,

Check these BAPIs:

BAPI_CURRENCY_CONV_TO_EXTERNAL Conversion of Currency Amounts into External Data Format

BAPI_CURRENCY_CONV_TO_EXTERN_9 Conversion of Currency Amounts into External Data Format

BAPI_CURRENCY_CONV_TO_INTERNAL Conversion of Currency Amounts into Internal Data Format

BAPI_CURRENCY_CONV_TO_INTERN_9 Conversion of Currency Amounts into Internal Data Format

BAPI_CURRENCY_GETLIST Display All Currency Codes Existing in the SAP System

BAPI_EXCHANGERATE_GETDETAIL Exchange rate stored for exch.rate type, currency pair, value date

Do a search for currency in ths link:

http://www.sapbapi.com/bapi-list/

Regards,

---Satish

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

-->If you could not find any standard BAPI or FM.

-->create your own Function Module which is remote enabled and maintain the import and export parameters.

-->Finally write you logic for updating or inserting the record into the DB table.

-->Befor that you need to import your RFC into your IR of PI/XI system and need to perfom configurations like creating message mapping etc....

Thanks

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question can be answered best in abap forum.

As a start point refer this link for more input http://www.saptechies.com/currency-translation-faq/

Regards

Suraj