Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

UME Change, cannot start the portal

Hi folks,

I had a portal which was happily ticking over pointing at a pre-production system, with an ABAP backend as the UME. I wanted to change the portal to point to a different R3 system so I created the necessary users (J2EE_ADMIN and an alternative to SAPJSF_<SID>) on the new R3 system. Edited the JCO connections, imported the portal certificate on the backend system, and then changed System Admin->System Config->UM Config->SAP System Tab to point to my new R3 app server and client number. I then rebooted the portal but it won't restart the server processes (server0 and server1).

In the R3 backend i'm getting "Communication error, CPIC return code 020, SAP return code 223" and on the portal "(10054: WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer)" in dev_ms. In the R3 gateway I'm also getting the connnection reset by peer messages.

Can anyone advise? I've also tried to use com.sap.security.core.ume.service in the config tool to set local options to point back to the original system but this hasn't worked.

Thanks,

Paul

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question