Did you mean: 

Implimenting new application patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Dear All,

We have following setup

SAP ECC 6, Database : Oracle 10g, O/S : HP-UX 11.31

Our application patch level is 14 i.e. SAP_APPL 600 SAPKH60014.

Now patch 15 is also available.

I am new to SAP, whether we have to go for patch 15. There are certain statutory requirements which are included in patch 15.

Will it create any problem in present setup ?

What are the precautions we have to take before implementing application patch ?

Someone has told me that you have to study all notes included in patch 15 relevant to your setup.

So we have to implement patch 15 on TEST MACHINE and we have to check all existing relevant scenario which is working fine.

If this is the case then it takes lots of time of all the team members.

Request you all to please guide us for the same.

Thanks in Advance,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks you all very much for your valuable replies.

Now I am very clear about precaution to take before applying Patch.

Thanking you ones again.

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

You should go with Latest-1 patch level.In case you have to proceed with latest support packages then goto service Market place & read dependency & impact of this patch.

You can also request for side effect report for the patch as well

in this way you will get to know any of known issue.

hope this will help you in understanding

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Ashok.

Pls stay with the n-1 patch level is good.

Because the corrections for the latest patch wont be availbale immediately.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are support pack Sap Appl 14 and you want to go on the SAP APPL 15. So you need to first check that all patches you need to upgrade before applying SAP APPL.

So to implement SAP APPL 15 you have to first import Support Pack SAPKH60014 and SAPKW70020 .When you check you shall find that the two support Pack prequest that i have told also have some prequsit.So you shall have to update the other components also.

As i checked in the service Market place found that we dont have any other patch after SAP APPL15 so as per my think you shall wait for one more release of SAP APPL and then apply this Sap APPL 15.

When you apply A suport pack then it may be possible that some functionality thet was working fine may stop so we need to test all the cenario in the Sandbox system and then implement the support pack in the Production Landscape.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Staying at n-1 patch is a good option but is there is any thing in the patch that will help your couse then you can apply it.

Check the prerequisite for the patch read the notes care fully and apply in in a test systen check it then follow your landscape.

Regards

Ashok Dalai