Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repetitive Synchronization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For repetitive synchronization, I find the following documentation usually:

During repetitive synchronization , the http request is sent repeatedly to ensure that the requested data is

transferred completely to the mobile device. Th is is particularly relevant for data that must first be prepared

on the server before it can be transferred.

1) Now what does this exactly mean - +This is particularly relevant for data that must first be prepared

on the server before it can be transferred.+

2) Also what is the business case for Repetitive Synchronization? When data to be transferred is large or what?

3) And does the SyncBO need to be Synchronus to use Repetitive Synchronization.

Thanks,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

To fetch the data we have to synchronize for three times to display the data on MI Client so to over come that we will go for Repetitive Synchronization.

the data retieving process follows the following scenario like initially the data is retrieved and sent to the middleware and from Middleware to the Mi Client..

for that we have to Synchronize 3 times ..

if not we have to restart the MI Client to fetch the data..

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During synchronization data which is available in the outbound queue of the device will be transfered to the mobile client.

Sometimes it is possible that the data which the mobile client is expecting is still not prepared and hence the mobile client will not get it in one sync (might be due to asynchronous processing of the message)

So the data in mobile client will be inconsistent for that time period.

In such scenario, repeatative sync will be of great help because it will keep on connectiing to the server unless all the data in the client is consistent with the backend and here no manual intervention is needed.

So as and when all the data on the client becomes consistent with the server, the repeatative sync would finish or else it will keep on connecting to the server after the specified time interval (which can be configured).

For this, syncBO need not be synchronous.

I hope this answers your queries.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still am not very clear.

Can you explain with the help of an example - "the data which the mobile client is expecting is still not prepared".

And in the Repetitive Sync also, we set the No of Repetitive Syncs, can the data be still inconsistent after that defined number of repetitive sync? And how & where is this inconsistency defined?

And will this same thing be achieved, if the mode is Synchronus, I mean if the mode is synchronus than it will fetch all the data in one sync, right?

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets consider we have 10 orders created on the mobile client and they are being synchronzised with the server.

Now it might take some time to process these orders in the backend. So it might be possible that during the sync you might not get confirmation to all 10 orders. Then those remaining orders will be inconsistent.

To avoid such scenario, repeatative sync is used which will make sure that the sync will not be termintaed unless all the orders in the mobile client are consistent. (This is done by connecting to server multiple times after specified time interval).

Yess you are correct about synchronous BO. tHe same functioanlity can be achieved if the mode is synchronous.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just asking more, to make it very clear:

1) If the same functionality can be achieved by Synchronus mode - When we should use which?

2) And I dont get one thing - If the mode is Asynchronus, the client will send the data containers for 10 created orders and it will disconnect.

On the next sync, he will get the response messages. So why do we need to have repetitive Sync?

Because that the client wants to send large data (say 10 orders) or to get the response in one go (which can be done with synchronus mode) or two syncs in asynchronus mode (with some amount of time within the two syncs).

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the mode is made synchronous, all the message processing would happen synchronously which might lead to TIMEOUT errors if the communication with the backend is taking more time.

In actual business scenario, the end user can not synchronize more than once because there will be so many similar users waiting to synchronize using the same connector. And more over once the sync is finished, the user would tend to believe the data is available on his client and will forget/ignore to sync one more time.

Repeatative sync will avoid such scenarios and wil make sure that the data is actually available on the mobile client. Addtionally, as the commnuication with the server is made frequently after some time interval, we are avoiding the timeout issue as well.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So does this mean that we should always use Repetitive Synchronization?

So what would the parameters for Repetitive Synchronization depend on?

Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use MI 7.1 OCA, and we have a business scenario that needs to sync a few times in about a minute to ensure all the data is uploaded from Mobile Device then processed by SAP/backend and be returned to outbound queue or pending extract. Then on a subsequent sync the mobile device can download it in one synchronization session.

I am not sure if you are on MI 7.0 or 7.1

This exists in SAP NetWeaver Library for 7.0:

Link: [Parameters for Repetitive Synchronization nw70 |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/6f/177c40ffd3cd62e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

This exists in SAP NetWeaver Library for 7.1:

[Parameters for Repetitive Synchronization MI 7.1|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/47/8baf5f1240444ba39d0bca8704003f/content.htm]

We just assign through the Agent parameters to get these properties enabled.

Hopefully this helps.