cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEW "Error during object generation"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to enhance object BUPA (table BUT000) with a few fields using tansaction "EEWB". I am using a Netweaver 2004S system (without CRM, just a WAS 7.0 with a java and ABAP stack).

However, when I try to enhance BUPA I get the message "Error during object generation". When I check the function group that was created by EEW I see that the generated ABAP code is trying to copy my new BUT000 field. The problem seems to be that there is no new field created in BUT000. Please let me know if this is a bug or if I am doing something completely wrong.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Raymond

When i was doing EEWB it was giving a same error it is because EEWB does not allowed more than 10 enhancement

just check out with your case also this may be the problem.

hope this will help u..

Regards

Vibhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raymond,

Could you please give us more details about the error?

Go to the log tab in the eewb and give us all the details.

One possible error with WAS 7.0 :

In se11, display table BUT000, double click on include CI_EEW_but000, go to extrasenhancement category. If the category is character type, replace it by character-type or numeric.

Hope this will help you,

Regards,

Frédéric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frédéric,

The problem is solved. You put me on the right track.

Include CI_EEW_but000 contained two includes (that where generated by EEW) onr of them contained my custom field but the other had status 'new' and since it did not realy exist CI_EEW_but000 could not be generated.

As a solution I created the include (that had status new) with a dummie field and generated CI_EEW_but000. Then I set the enhancement category to char/numc and generated my EEW project again and it worked. Next I deleted the structure with the dummie field but then I could not generate BUT000 again (oops). To fix that I tried to generate my EEW project again and YES everything worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Raymond