cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query On Mode Of Communication For Adapters.

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly let me know which adapter is compatible to which type of communication or is it like all the adapters are compatible with either mode of communication.:

1) File: Synchronous / Asynchronous

2) RFC: Synchronous / Asynchronous

3) JMS: Synchronous / Asynchronous

4) Mail: Synchronous / Asynchronous

5) IDoc: Synchronous / Asynchronous

6) JDBC: Synchronous / Asynchronous

7) SOAP: Synchronous / Asynchronous

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Sreedhar, Av

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

1.File: This adapter supports only Asynchoronous mode of communication.But if u want to use it in the combination of synchronous interfaces for instance (File 2 RFC 2 File) scenario .You have to go for BPMs where in we have to use SYNC-ASYNC bridge.

2.RFC: Supports synchronous and asyncronous Mode depending on the type of RFC that you are going to use(Syncronous or Asynchronous RFC).

3.IDOC: supports mpstly Asynchronous scenarios.But some times we have to deal with Acknoledgementes using additional configurations at system level.

4.SOAP: Its used in both Synchronous and Asynchronous .But in general we go for this adapter for Syncronous communication.

5.JDBC: suports both sync/async communication (Synchronous in case of fetching the data from the system)& (Async for updating data in the database).

6.Mail: supports asynchronous.

7.JMS: No idea.

Thanks,

Ram.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

JMS -- support asynchronous.

Regards,

Leela

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this section from help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/ae/d03341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

There is a column for Quality of service and has values like EO, EOIO, BE.

EO, EOIO means only Async communication possible

BE means synchronous communication possible.

FILE, JDBC, IDOC does not support Synchronous communication in Sender mode.

To make the FIle, JDBC work in synchronous mode you need to make use of the RequestResponseBean.

Regards,

Abhishek