Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

i have some basic Quires to be clarified regarding WEB DMS,

Does Accessing documents through WEB DMS Documents require SAP Logon ID and Password, as i tried opening up the WEB DMS Link in different user System of my clients, but it did not ask them to enter there USER ID and Password, why is it so? is this normal behaviour? if not what is going missing?

once the user enters in to WEB DMS does all the SAP DMS authorization apply to restrict the particular User in accessing the documents, ( based on the authorization to access Document type, Lab Office, status autorization..... of the User ?

is there any developments or enancements allowed in WEB DMS Area?

Thanks and regards

Priya S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Web DMS is accessed by using the BSP application cvaw_entire.

The url for accessing is

http://<server>:port/sap/bc/bsp/sap/CVAW_ENTIRE

You should have made the related settings under

1.Cross Application components->DMS -> Set up Web documents

2. You can check it in sicf, put service name as "web dms"

3. Click on the link, say test service. put login and password, it will work.

this means it should ask ID an PW........

Benakaraj

??P

Edited by: benaka rajes on Aug 11, 2009 1:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DMS Guru,

Thanks for your reply, but sir my actual question i have generated the WEB DMS Link and could open the link and use it,

but my basic quiry is, can any X Y Z person will be authorised to use the Link or once the link is put in the browser, will it ask for User ID and Password of the User ?

and after opening the Link will all the autorization Concept apply for the user to access the documents, ie.. at document type Level, status Level, and Authorization group level......?

The requirement is when link is opened there should be restrictions in handeling the document at Document type and status Level.

to my worry i tried to open this link at different user system and the system is not asking for User ID and Password,

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I checked this senario, in my cofiguration, it is asking ID and PW, to access link.

Check your configuration settings.

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Benaka,

yes you r right it may ask User ID and password at the initial generation of the WEB Link,

but i think when the same link will be used by all the users for accesssing the documents in WEB DMS, then it is not asking for UserID and Password.

So when any X Y Z Person uses the Link to access DMS Documents through WEB DMS, we now gave the the same link to all the users to get in to WEB-DMS,

so for each user who is authorised to access Documents in WEB-DMS, ideally should we create as many links as different users, using there user ID and password, so as to apply authorization concepts applicapable to each of them as defined through authorization control?

is my understanding right, require your inputs,

basically if a user does not have access to document type in SAP DMS, he should not have access to the documents in WEB DMS,

Thanks and regards

Priya S