cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Createtablespace.sql is creating tablespaces in wrong sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of performing system copy of EHP4 for TDMS shell creation using standard system copy process as suggested by sap.

During export while SAPInst asked for Import Migration Directory we provided the export dump of target system ( modified as per TDMS shell creation)

During system copy we are getting the error during create table space phase. SAPinst is creating the tablespace with source system SID. .i.e instead of T02 it is taking P02.

create tablespace P02#USER1D

in nodegroup SAPNODEGRP_T02 pagesize 16k extentsize 8 prefetchsize automatic

no file system caching

Because of that we are getting following error during import phase.

ERROR 2009-08-10 07:24:33.154 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:260]

MDB-01999 Error occured, first error is: <SQL0204N "P02#DDICD" is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704>

Please suggest.

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisGela
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently expierienced a very simialr sort of error doing a EHP5 upgrade.

(it's similar because I did a standard system copy (export/import) and got the same error )

It's not realy a solution but guidance:

If you check this table DDSTORAGE and search for the incorrect sid:

eg (assuming P02 is the incorrect SID):

select * from <your_schema>.ddstorage where text like '%P02%

you'll probrably find the erronous entries.

Since this a rare occurance, the best advice would be to open a message to SAP.

They would probrably want to remotely connected to the system and have a look.

I don't think there is a gerneral fix and each occurance would have to be handle at an individual level.

Since I use DB2 I used this component when creating my OSS:

BC-DB-DB6-UPG

I know this thread is old but

I've answered here as hopefully it may benifit anyone else that finds this thread.

Kind Regards,

chris

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> During system copy we are getting the error during create table space phase. SAPinst is creating the tablespace with source system SID. .i.e instead of T02 it is taking P02.

...and you gave T02 in the SID for the new system in sapinst? The export can't be the problem, it doesn't export any SIDs.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It appears that some configuration have not been done correctly during the exports of data from the sender (source) system.

There are many threads in this forum which may be of help to you. for example the following thread -

Regards

Pankaj