cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Business Component instead of Business System for Proxy Communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can I use Business Component for SAP ECC system instead of using a business system. I have provided the logical system name in adapter specific identifiers of the business component.

Thanks,

Yomesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yomesh,

Usually we use a Business system for holding the R/3 landscapes together. what is the requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured it using business component and it worked. Only thing, inspite of using a business component it requires a Business system to be created in SLD. We are not using this Business System in our configuration scenario, still PI validates this information with SLD.

The reason I created a business component is, in QA system testing was required in two ECC clients. In Dev we have only one ECC client. So when we transport from Dev to QA, the dev BS is changed to QA BS using transport targets in SLD.

To enable configuration rule for other client, Either we change the transport target temporarily or create a independent config scenario. I prefered creating a independed config scenario with Logical Business components. These configs will never be transported to produciton. SO these will be in DEV and QA to support integration testing cycles.

Once GO lIve is done, we can clean these config objects.

Regards,

Yomesh.