Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'See Also' link error

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working with NW04. I've got a search iview set up to display the 'See Also' link and the 'Details' link. When I click on the 'See Also' link, I get the following error:

#1.5#00145E2B07DA0045000000D50000122000041348B5D35030#1147102915969#com.sapportals.wcm.control.util.search.SearchSessionBuilder#sap.com/irj#com.sapportals.wcm.control.util.search.SearchSessionBuilder#moonetl#26235##KEP601DW.graybar_J2E_1585051#moonetl#f4576090dea811dac6e100145e2b07da#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_7##0#0#Error##Plain###Error on executing See Also search - no authorization for resource#

I'm not sure which resource to check the permissions for. Any ideas on what to do here?

Thanks!

-Stephen Spalding

Web Developer

Graybar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

you do otherwise have access to the specific document that the 'See also' link belongs to?

Does this occur with certain documents only? Or does this always occur, when you click 'See also'?

And what are your exact releases (incl. Patch level) of EP-KM and TREX?

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there was a problem in this functionality. As a workaraund you might try to add an ACL security manager to the repository manager which you have attached as data source to the index. Then you have to restart the portal.

I do not know with which version the problem is fixed.

Regards,

Achim

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fallon,

SAP responded to me and said to apply note 916539. This note says it's for fixing a problem with search indexes, and the solution is to apply SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal KMC60 SP15 Patch 1.

At first I couldn't see how this was related to the problem that I've been experiencing. However, I've noticed that when I assign a security manager to the web repository, from that point on I do get exceptions when performing searches.

At this point, we're to go live with EP 6 in two weeks. We're not going to install any more patches at this time. Our workaround for now is to simply remove the 'See Also' link on the search results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, thanks for the update, Stephen. I appreciate your time.

Cheers,

Fallon

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, after changing the ACL Manager Cache to 'web_cache' on the repository manager and stopping/restarting java, it still did not fix the problem.

I've opened an OSS message on this issue. We'll see how long I have to wait before I get a response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you find a resolution, please post it here because I'm also running into this same problem when clicking the 'See Also' link for a result from a web repository. I don't have this problem with any other repository, but web repositories seem to throw this error with the 'See Also' link in search results.

If I find an answer as well, I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Fallon

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

I changed the security manager to 'WebSecurityManager'. After I clicked 'Save', it told me that I do not have to restart java. That did not appear to fix the new problem as I still get the ONLY_IF_CACHED error.

Something that I did try is rebuilding the indexes included in this search. As the indexes were rebuilding (they had only processed about 500 documents each), I performed a search. The search worked about once or twice. Once the indexes had processed around 1000 documents or so, that's when I started getting the ONLY_IF_CACHED error again.

I don't think that I understand what that error is telling me. Do I need to specify a certain ACL Manager Cache? I tried setting that to ca_cm but that didn't fix the problem. I'm now trying to set it to 'web_cache'. We'll see what happens.

Any other comments/suggestions are most welcome.

-StephenS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would always recommend to restart the portal when you change repository settings.

Regards,

Achim

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Karsten,

This happens on any document that I try to access the 'See Also' link for. The repository that I'm searching is a web repository. The specific version info that I have is:

EP6 SP15

Trex 6.1 SP16

Java 1.4.2_09

Achim,

I configured the ACL Security Manager for this repository, which again is a web repository, and now I get an error when trying to do a search. The error is:

ONLY_IF_CACHED lookup mode cancelled operation getResource before network access was initiated on /gbeweb/www.graybar.com/GSA

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry perhaps you have to configure the WebSecurityManager instead?

Regards,

Achim