cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question regarding Java mapping in XI. Is there a way to integrate Jar files used for java mapping and NWDI? If so how do we achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

Is there a way to integrate Jar files used for java mapping and NWDI? If so how do we achieve this?

If you want to store the java objects in to Repository etc, then you can make use of DTR (Design Time Repository ).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/55/c75242f8a0bd30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

Can you please explain in detail what you require?

Any JAR file imported under IMPORTED ARCHIVE in any name space in XI in your SWCV will be accesible across all namespaces in your SWCV.

If your Java Mapping is using some external JARS other than standard SAP Jars, then those JAR s also have to be imported in IMPRTED ARCHIVES under any of your NAMESPACE in your SWCV.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

either i have misunderstood the question or I have completely replied out of context.

If it is the latter, plz ignore my previous post

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently using 'IMPORTED ARCHIVE' and then importing the JAR file to XI. The disadvantage is the there is 'no source control for the code'.

I was thinking that using DTR/CMS can eliminate the above problem.

My question is once I check in the java code using DTR/CMS, How do i use it in the mapping? As far as I can see when we define a mapping program (during interface mapping), it is based on the imported Archives. But how do I create a imported archives based on the java code in DTR?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

Am not sure if this is of relevance to what you want, but when you transport any SWCV using CMS or as a TPZ file, the IMPORTED ARCHIVES are also transported along. <b>You need not manually create an IMPORTED ARCHIVE for the INTERFACE MAPPING after transporting.</b>

Regards,

bhavesh

Message was edited by: Bhavesh Kantilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is how do I create imported archive (before transport) using the java code that is in DTR?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

<i>But how do I create a imported archives based on the java code in DTR?</i>

DTR is just a Repository, where you maintain, the Version,Code etc. You can import the latest version into the Imported archives.

But you need to have java code in the Imported Archives.

While transporting into different systems, no need of importing the same in the QA etc. If you use either CMS/File import/export, it automatically comes in that.

Hope this helps,

REgards,

Moorthy