cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code: 400, error text: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Every now and then we are getting the following error on a synchronous call from XI 3.0.

Error when receiving by HTTP (error code: 400, error text: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED)

Usually it is from XI to R/3 (that's where most of our synch calls take place) but occasionally it happen on a synchronous call to a JDBC comm channel.

It is not just one interface that causes this issue and the same interface will be OK if we re-run it with same data.

I suspect some system parameter is off, or it's just a bug in XI. Any one else run into this ? if so, have you found a fix ? SAP hasn't been much help for us thus far.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

This happens generally because of message overflow.

Please can you lok at this weblog which gives the list of reports to be run to enhance the performance of your system:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Also please take a look at SAP note: 906435

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well the problem appears to have been message overload.

I reduced number of outbound queues and haven't seen the error since. We're putting SP16 on production this weekend so I'll keep my fingers crossed for next week.

Thanks for the help.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Can you check this thread-

Also check SAP Note 824554,783515,910649,706563.

Cache Refresh~

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003163902004E/HowTo_handle_XI_30_Caches.pdf

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy