cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS Receiver CC - Prerequisites

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what are the prerequisites for configuring an HTTPS receiver communication channel? Do I necessarily need to import the server certificate beforehand or would "TEST CONNECTION" in SM59 work without an imported certificate?

Background is, that I get the error "ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED". However I can ping the server using telnet, so there should not be a firewall issue. I thought that the "TEST CONNECTION" functionality in SM59 does the same - only pinging a server without using certificates. Is this not correct?

Are there any other things I have to consider? Could it also be that the cryptographic library is not installed? How can I check whether it is installed?

Thank you for your advice!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED is a very generic error message, which could indeed indicate that the cryptolib has not been installed. For HTTPS it is not required to import the receiver certificate.

More details should be available in the SMICM logging.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

wrongly posted

Edited by: Sudharshan Aravamudan on Aug 11, 2009 6:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your helpful answer. Now I have found the problem. in SM59 "HTTP Connections to External Server" I have set "Status of Secure Protocol" to Active and now it worked.

However I would prefer to configure the destination directly in the communication channel by using adressing type "URL". In that case however it still does not work. Is there anything else I have to set directly in the communication chanel so I can get the connection working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

To test the Https conneciton first you need to import the certificate and then only can do, because without the certificate it will eventhough you put https it may not work. So can you please try after importing the certificate.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

my url is https but has no certificate, how to proceed in such cases?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

basoprani:

Is your question answered? Otherwise I would close the thread.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should close the thread. The other user should open their own new thread. You may watch their threads though.

Regards,

Prateek