cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of NW standalone system (EHp1) and EHPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that I am able to update my NW 7.0 (BI) to NW 7.01 (BI), since it is a standalone system.

Current system:

SAP ABA/BASIS --700 SP 16

PI BASIS - 2006_1_700 SP 6

ST-PI - 2005_1_700 SP 6

SAP_BW 700 SP 18

BI_CONT 703 SP 11

(and I simply want to update these components to NW Ehp1)

To do this, am I required to use the SAPephi application, or can these updates be applied via SAINT (which I prefer), similar to how Solution Manager 7.0 is updated.

Thanks for any info.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

As per your system configuration,from BI 7.0 to BI(NW) 7.01 means its an upgrade of 700 to 701 where it can not be done with SAINT. If your system is 32 bit, then EHP1 SP01 (from NW 700 to NW 701) will be possible with SAINT. Even if you are going for EHP1 upgrade on 64 bit, it will not support the SAINT. You have to use the SAPEhpi tool.

Even if you try to patch it with SAINT, the pop-up comes up asking to do with EHPI tool

Ehpi upgrade from NW 7.0 to 7.01 can be done with only EHPI Tool

EHPI upgrade of ERP components from 600 to till 603 can be done with SAINT on any bit version(32 or 64). For 604 upgrade you require the EHPI Tool.

Even in some cases of ERP components upgradeto 604 may take through SAINT,but will struck in DDIC Activation errors, which

can't be resolved and we have to go for Restore.

Regards,

Srinivas Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to do the EHPI upgrade on BI 7.0

Currently, my BI 7.0 is in 32 bit.

IS it possible to use EHPI tool to do the EHPI upgrade on 32 bit.

With regards,

Luckshmanan.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use SPAM/SAINT to update to NW07 ehp1, however if you have SPAM/SAINT patch level >= 32 then you will not be able to apply these patches via SPAM/SAINT in this case you can use SAPehpi tool only.

If you want to use EHPI, Then EhP installer (EhPI) will check the SP level equivalence in your system. Please check Note 1248905 - SP Equivalence for update/upgrade to EHP 1 for SAP NW 7.0 and Note 1086728 - Object types are missing in SPAU comparison

Thank you,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had pretty much the same config. that you have for the BI systems and used Enh pack installer. The only thing that I want to mention is that for NW EHP 1, installer makes you create Tablespace PSAPSR3701 with a size recommendation. I am not sure how that will be achived through SAINT?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed