cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with third party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I need to communicate between a 3rd party and SAP system through SAP XI as a middleware. If I have the ip adress of the 3rd party how I'm going to connect the third party. If at all I'm able to connect to SAP XI from the 3rd party then how can I get the response from XI to the 3rd party system. Let us asume 2 scenarios , 1st - we have a webservice and 2nd - no webservice communication.

Regards.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayak,

> we have a webservice

If you have a webservice then you can directly connect to xi using soap adapter. Once you receive data you need to have a rfc to send the response back to webservice. Please check this blogs. YOur integration will be opposite to this blogs:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

>no webservice communication

If it is within network then you can ask them to put a file and then you can read the file using file adapter. Once you have read the file you can send to rfc in sap and the response from rfc you can write as another file. Earlier we used to use BPM for this approach but now you can do with out BPM also. Please check this bhavesh thread:

If you want to use BPM then you can refer:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (0)