cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS with Solution Manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i have to find out if the Change Management Service (CMS) can be deployed and used on Solution Manager 4.0. I want to use the CMS for XI-Development (Directory and Repository Transports), but i cannot find any hints if it is possible to setup CMS on Solution Manager. As far as i know the CMS is a component of the NWDI and is therefore deployable on any NetWeaver Platform with a J2EE-Engine installed. Thanks for all answers dealing with this topic,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

yes this is possible. As you said you just need a J2EE Engine to setup CMS and SM 4.0 comes with an J2EE Engine.

You need to deploy 3 files: SAPBUILDT, SAPDEVINF & SAPDEVINFF which you can download from the service marketplace. Afterwards the CMS is available with the alias "devinf".

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Did you try this solution? Is there any SAP note for this? I see many people are saying that we could not transport XI objects using Solution manager. I wanted to know if this can really work.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyana,

I cannot promise you that it'll work. I can only promise you that you can install CMS on Solution Manager...

Regards,

Pascal