cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue where SAP has created some graphical message mapping in XI systems.I have to edit the messages

but it doesn't allow me to edit as the "Switch Between Display and Edit" button is disabled.Please let me know

the way how i can bring it to edit mode (or) if basis can do it please let me the procedure (or) if the prior

is not possible have to contact sap.

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Behera,

Double click on the software component and click on Objects are modifyable and then save. Then you should be good to go.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

It works...tks

Also gives an message i don't understand it properly..does it mean i should not edit it?

Check Result for Object SAP SRM SERVER 5.5 Software component version is marked as non-modifiable although this is not the original in this repository This status should only be created temporarily for emergency corrections

Thanks,

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It wont cause any harm its just a warning and can ignore the same

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

If I were you I will not edit the standard sap mappings. Because if you mess up then you are into trouble. Else follow aamir response like copy the standard and do the changes according to your requirement.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhansu,

DO not edit or change the SAP standard SWC. I experimented it like this once and I had to re import it to roll back changes.

You are correct the warning is not usual for normal objects and do not change it under any circumstances

After changes are made and activated, if you try to roll back the history also, this symbol will not go

SAP will not support your product after these changes if you are endorsed or partnered with SAP

Do the following.

1. Make this as a dependent SWC in SLD. THen it will appeare under your local SWC

2. Here you can use to edit or change it.

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but it doesn't allow me to edit as the "Switch Between Display and Edit" button is disabled.Please let me know

the way how i can bring it to edit mode (or) if basis can do it please let me the procedure (or) if the prior

is not possible have to contact sap.

possible causes :

1. You have upgraded your java version more than 1.5...if this is the case bring it back from control panel

2. No authorization . Please check with basis team ..

3. You are missing something ...like SWCV is in uneditable mode..First check it for editable mode .

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Why do you want to edit a SAP standard mapping?Its better to copy this mapping in your own software component version and edit it there.

If you edit any SAP standard contents,any changes you do would make will be overridden when you apply new support packs or update SAP contents,besides that SAP won't provide you any support for those changes either.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said need to select two check box options available at the bottom screen of software component menu

i.e double click on SWC and there you can find the same and reload the software component vesion and then you can see the message mapping in edit mode

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which release of XI are you working on?

Make sure you are using the right Java version (1.5 for XI 7.0).

If it is correct, follow suggestion from Satish.

Regards,

Giuseppe