Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Serialization Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Request your view on this:

The scenario is File to IDOC via XI. XI picks up the XML files via a file adapter which is then mapped to idoc ZRMD_A07 (HRMaster Idoc Basic type built as a copy of HRMD_A07 to add additional infotypes) and sent to SAP ECC via IDOC Adapter.

This interface is live and works well for the partner profile setting in WE20 as Trigger immediately.

The most important requirement of the scnario is to process the idocs serially as the following IDOCs may depend on the previous one.

The trigger immediately caused resource issues when there were 45000 idocs hit the system. So we decided to process them in background by chaging the partner profile setting as Triger by background Job. We scheduled the report RBDAPP01 for the same.

It caused problems as the idocs were not processed serially. So we did the settings in SAP ECC system to have the IDOCs posted in the status 66 which tells the background program to process them serially.

I followed the following links on help to post idocs with status 66 but still they are getting posted as 64:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/f8/42d1b5cfa711d6b2ba00508b5d5c51/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/5f/45f93b4139b478e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ripple

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

How about placing the IDOCs in a queue. If you setup the file adatper as EOIO and provide a queue name, then in your ECC system, the IDOCs will be posted using the same queue name and can be displayed using transaction code WEINBQUEUE.

You can use program RSEINBQUEUE_PARTNER to post these IDOCs within the queue.

Queuing up/serializing impacts performance as well because you are not posting IDOCs in parallel. Another round about Idea is to post the IDOCs through a proxy in multiple queues where you can group IDOCs that need to be serialized in a particular queue. I wouldn't know a reason why all the 4500 so IDOCs need to serialized. Normally it is a set of IDOCs within the 4500 that need to serialized.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

KK...have you tried the first option suggested.

The 45000 idocs need to be serialized (as i mentioned in the thread) the following idoc may be dependent on a preceeding one.

So for example you have new hire employee as idoc number 0001 it may be for the same employee there is a change as idoc number 0010. So the 0010 will fail if the 0001 has not been processed yet, saying Employee does not exist.

Hope that explains your query as to why it cannot be processed in parallel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to solve this issue. Just for future reference of other people.

We need to populate the EDI_DC40 -> SERIAL field with a serial number in XI as <Interfce ID>_<Date as ddmmyy>_<Counter>. Note this field is 20 characters long.

Made the setting in WE20 for that partner type LS as Trigger by background job.

Schedule the RBDAPP01 as background job and it works out from the serial key and processes the idocs serially.

Regards,

Ripple

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaur,

Try to do the steps given in this thread and try once again:

http://www.sap technical.com/Tutorials/ALE/Serialization/page1.htm

There is no space between sap and technical, its one word. If I put one word here its not takign. So I put space.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish...

I read through the link you sent and this is different to my requirement. The link is more to do with multiple messagetypes clubbed into one serialization group which are to be processed serially.

Whereas mine is same message type to be processes serially in backgroud.

I followed the same IMG path but i did

Goto IMG -> Modelling and Implementing Business Proccess -> Master Data Distribution -> Serialization for sending and Receiving data -> Serialization using Business Objects