cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different ways in Creating BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody brief me the different ways for Creating BP in cProjects?

If i create a BP in SAP R/3 which BP role do i need to use for creating an external resource as Business Partner?

With path for creation will be appriciated

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

There are two approaches for creating the Business Partners:

1. Manual creation of BPs in cProjects

2. Automatic creation of BPs by integration with HR ( HR Master data is replicated in the cProjects system to create Business Partners)

The BPs should be created with the 'Employee' role, if you want to use them for staffing/resource management in cProjects.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you make it automatic, is there any transaction avialable or we need to generate a report, if possible provide me the report name.

Actually i am working on release 4.5, but the sap help for release 4.0 says for external parties BP should be created using the

Role- Resource.But that role is missing, is this the correct way with 4.5 or we only should use the Role - 'Employee' only.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had this scenario where we had a separate ERP system and a standalone CRPXRPM system. The replication was done via ALE.

The report RHALEINI (T-Code - PFAL) was used to move the HR Master data to the cProjects sytem.

The BPs are created with 'Employee' role. Not very sure, but I think its BUP0003. However, you need to maintain these BPs in the 'Resource' role if you want to maintain their cost/revenue rates.

We used the field 'BP Type' to differentiate external employees.

Let me know if you found this helpful.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have R/3 and cProjects on the same sytem, so we need to have ALE for that also?

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use report HR_SYNC_PERSON if CPRXRPM is and add-on to ECC. Make sure to make relevant settings in OO_CENTRAL_PERSON before the report is run.

Regards,

Vivek