cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager installation on VMWARE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of installing Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 on VMWare (Windows / Oracle 10g / AMD Processor). I am following the installation guide. As per the guide I am to install the oracle database first by running sapserver.cmd (Guide page no 58). However on doing this from windows I get a command line window which flashes and disappears. I tried running this from command line and here is the error i saw

"Input Error: There is no file extension in "D:\SolMan_Media\Extracted".

'C:\Users\smadmin\AppData\Local\Temp\2\o10inst.cmd' is not recognized as an inte rnal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Could Not Find C:\Users\smadmin\AppData\Local\Temp\2\o10inst.cmd

'D:\SolMan_Media\Extracted' is not recognized as an internal or external command , operable program or batch file.

D:\SolMan_Media\Extracted files\51031678\NT\AMD64>"

Strange but I am not able to find the directories which is mentioned in the error. I can find just C:\Users\smadmin. The subfolder (\AppData\Local\Temp\2\o10inst.cmd) are not available.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The folder which held the files was a shared folder. The directory under which sapserver.cmd was present was in the fifth or sixth level from the root. I copied the directory which had sapserver.cmd to the root and it worked. This probably might be coz of a issue with the Shared folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The folder which held the files was a shared folder. The directory under which sapserver.cmd was present was in the fifth or sixth level from the root. I copied the directory which had sapserver.cmd to the root and it worked. This probably might be coz of a issue with the Shared folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Have you installed JAVA earlier before installing Oracle 10G ? if not do that and set the path in env.

However on doing this from windows I get a command line window which flashes and disappears

If you still have this problem check any antivirus installed in your system if so uninstall that and try it if still doesn't work then download Oracle software again and give a try

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Install right java 64bit version "j2sdkfb-1_4_2_19-windows-amd64.exe". can be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/SAPsite/download.html. Please see note 941595.

SYED