cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion indicator problem with standard tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

We are working with some standard tables in R/3. The problem is they donot have deletion indicators for records that are deleted after some time. We get initially values to BW using deltas and after some time when some of the values are added/deleted, the new delta is not telling us that the changes. This is creating errornous data in BW side. The R/3 people say that its not possible to include a deletion indicator in these standard tables. Can somebody help me with some work around? I appreciate any information pointers or links.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Which datasources are you working with?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Bhanu,

Thanks for the reply. We are working with STMPRODUCT: R/3 Products table in this case.

But I am curious if this happens to any other tables in R/3, then what we do?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

in that case there might be (I am pretty sure that there are) change documents in cdhdr/cdpos available for that tables/records.

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Siegfried Szameitat can you explain your sentence in more words so that I can understand better?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

a good example is R/3 SD. If you delete a sales order, the records (header, item, schedule line ...) will be deleted from the database physically. There is no deletion indicator set, the order doesn't exist anymore. But there is a entry in table cdhdr with objectclass 'VERKBELEG'. The objectid should be the order number and the change_ind = 'D'. So you can identify a deleted sales order from the change documents (cdhdr = Header table, cdpos = item/detail table). There must be entries of a specific objectclass for your purpose to identify the deleted records. Hope it is clearer now.

regards

Siggi