cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP background jobs in local time zone

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using APO DP in an international environment (SCM 4.1). We have setup up the system, that is using the local time zone (personal user settings), which is working fine in interactive planning (data views & macros). But when executing the macros

in background (APO background jobs triggered immediately by a process chain), the macro is run based on the server time and not in the local time zone. The ALEREMOTE user is set up in the same way online users regarding time zone settings.

Can someone explain, why the local time zone isn't used in the macros when executing in background, and tell me which setting we have missed.

Many thanks in advance

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, there is a separate planning area for Australia, And to be honest I don't think creating two macros with different time lags for online and background execution is the proper solution. I still believe it should be possible the same macro should have the same effect online and in background.

Currently I am not sure if this is a technical bug or if we have just missed a setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I think Yarala is right, but if you find another solution, please let us know, I am interested in the answer!

Good luck

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I understand the issue, the issue is the Australia gets days very first from the world.. it almost GMT+11 hrs. will almost a day difference to US.

I am not sure whether my proposal will make sense, but let me try

As the month completes we will copy the sales history for the closed month. where technically the the month is current month as per the system time.

Why can not change the macro to copy current period and run at system time? i am not sure aobut the otherconstriantes.

But looking at your question, it could be possible where your client has the local time zone defined. you can check the same from any APO screen, from menu > systems->status. you can see both time zone ( local) system time.

I suggest you check with basis if we can use the local time zone, we can use the localtimezone but agian everyone has to use our local time.. NO SENSE i guess..

Yarala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately calculating the start time isn't the issue.

Let me give an example. We have a background job to copy the sales history of the previous month (job is running only for one month), which should be executed early night/morning Australian time of the 1st of the month, when the system time is still in the previous month.

When I look at the macro definition it shows the correct month based on my personal settings, running this macro online works also fine with the personal user settings (on 1st of August it picked up the July data), but in backgroud it copies the June data even if the background user has the same AU specific time settings.

Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Do you have only one planning area for all countries?

I think the easiest for you will be to create a second macro wiht one month lag and run it for the australian market only...

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is universal problem, while settting up the SAP server it self theu will plan all the way which time is the best and unique for all. And they will finally decide.

Whenever you schedule a job you need to follow the system time, there is no option for local time zone. but its very simple to calculate time rite?

Yarala