Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:JDBC Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error in Communication channel of JDBC:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:SID' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection'

Connection Parameters in CC are as :

Connection: 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:SID'

Drivers: 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'

If I change Connection Parameters in CC as:

Connection: 'jdbc.oracle.thin.@host:port:SID'

Drivers: 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'

Then I recieve the following error:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc.oracle.thin.@KFTDERSHAPP14:1521:CTAQ' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Unable to locate a suitable JDBC driver to establish a connection:'

Oracle system is on 10G

PI 7.1 Basis team mentioned ojdbc14.jar are already installed on PI Server. Can any one light on this issue?

Thanks

Santosh.

Thanks

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

arthur_fuscella
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems you're having firewall problems between the systems, try to check with basis team or network administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh ,

Try giving IP address in the URL instead of Hostname . Problem does nt seem to be the drivers.

Thanks ,

Kavitha .G

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Even I struggled a lot to make it work but at last tried below and it worked for me.

Please refer below:

Connection url: Format is --> jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:port:SID

For e.g. -

jdbc: oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ntbomsap13)(PORT = 1527)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = XI3) (SERVER = DEDICATED) ) )

Here in this connection url I have replaced: @hostname: port: SID with the TNSNAMES file content.

Ask Your Basis for TNSNAMES File .

I hope it will solve your Query.

Regards,

Anurag Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Connection URL is as per the above stated URL, Still I am getting the following error:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@HOST:PORT:SID' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection'

Dont know where the problem is?

Thanks

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the forum:

Are you using TNS Names file content as your host: port:SID?

If yes,check if values given in these are correct.

Can you login to Database with same parameters?

Please check.

Regards,

Anurag Garg

Edited by: Anurag Gargh on Aug 10, 2009 4:47 PM

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The JDBC Drivers are not installed properly.

You have to configure ojdbc14.jar fille

please follow the pdf

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60237e74-ef19-2b10-5a9b-b35cc6a2...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.....

This is problem with Database system....

Try to log in to the system....

might be problem with port or host names.....

Sreedhar Goud.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Check similar discussions here:

and have a look at this guide and cross check the steps you have performed.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f04ce027-934d-2a10-5a8f-fa0b1ed4...

Regards,

Ravi kanth Talagana