cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning and simulation application in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI gurus

I have a requirement where in I will get the data related to S&OP into one cube. There the user needs one application in which they can make changes in demand and inventory adjustment keyfiguers. these changes will lead to change in other dependent KFs on the basis of some formulas (contrained demand, stock on hand etc). The changed KFs are required to be saved in Cube and there should be one dynamic graph to show the trends / share of it.

Now, my question is, can we use Visaul composer ( we have 7.0) for this purpose, if yes then can someone explain a little about it.

thanks

DJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

'Visual Composer 7.0' dont support this functionality. You cannot run Planning functions or you cannot save data back to the cube. This functionality is available with 'Visual Composer 7.1'. In VC you can store data loaccly by using 'Data Store'. But you canot right back the data to BI Infocube.

If you create SAP BI System as R/3 Type system in RFC then this can be done, please go through the link below -

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/PlanningFunctionalitywith+BI

You can use BEx WAD, there you can execute planning functions & right back the data to BI Infocube.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on Aug 10, 2009 4:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep.

One more thing, is it possible to have some editable fields there in VC7.0 and the change in these fileds should change some other values on the basis of formula, like a live simulation...eg. if i change the supply value, my stock and intransit should also change accordingly.

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan

Live simulation is possible. If you are using BEs query as 'Data Service' then add formula variable in your query & that formula variable you can change dynamically in VC. If you add 'Transition Effects' it will look like live simulation.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep